“Food, in the end, in our own tradition, is something holy. It’s not about nutrients and calories. It’s about sharing. It’s about honesty. It’s about identity.”
I have always been interested in food – how it’s produced, cooked, shared. The more I cook the more curious I become about the world. I can’t make a curry or a sweet potato pie without thinking of their origins. My story is deeply connected to food and I’ve found the same in others. This blog is my attempt to document my curiosity.
The Recipes: I am not a professional cook. I am a home cook who loves traveling the globe in dishes. I’m also a Southern girl so there’s going to be a lot of love given to pork and cast iron. Some of the recipes are original and others are not. I will always give credit to the source and if you share one of my original recipes or posts, please do the same by providing a link to my site.
The Restaurant Recommendations: I only suggest places I genuinely like so you’ll only see positive reviews here.
Sometimes I’m approached to review products or places or to sample goods. I am required to disclose that and frankly, I’m all for keeping things honest, so that’s a good thing. I will never vouch for a product I don’t genuinely like.
So here the details:
- This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation. My primary form of making money is via affiliate links so you may see links within posts to products I use that are available for purchase. I don’t recommend products I don’t actually use and love so if there’s a link, I mean it, it’s a great product and it might make your life easier.
• I have a lot of opinions and if I don’t like something I will say so. Because of that I just say no from the start when approached to market or review products I don’t like or use.
• Sponsored posts are posts where I’m paid to write about a specific topic. They will always be labeled so you know.
• This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. I believe in honesty of relationship, opinion and identity. I’m not going to lie just to make a profit.
• The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely mine.